YURT ALURT !!! (June 2016)

Discussion in 'Holidays, Travel, Weekends Away' started by Andy W, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Andy W

Andy W Member

By the way, for those who don't know, this is where you're going to the yurts. Basically, head for Fell Foot Park at the Southern end of Windermere. Look out for the Charcoal/Solid Fuel sign on the right, and turn right there. There's a gate, which may be digital locked (we'll be given number before Friday ... won't we Jon?) ... drive past gate & park ... report into shop with Barry.

yurt.jpg

Vicki likes this.
  2. Jon Neal

Jon Neal Citrus Club Staff Member

Thanks Andy, have you got a bigger version of the photo in the top left that you could post?

3. Vicki

Vicki Member

Thanks to Jon for organising the weekend and all my fellow yurters for being great company.

Andy W and Jon Neal like this.
  4. Andy W

Andy W Member

Great Weekend ... well done for leading the Keswick walk Jon !

Jon Neal likes this.
  5. Jon Neal

Did I?

6. Andy W

Andy W Member

... well it was you they were going to lynch when they thought we were lost :)

By the way ... what happened to that grill I bought, for using on the fire pit ? Was it left behind, or has someone got it?

7. Jon Neal

I think we left it behind. I wasn't sure if it was yours or if it belonged to the yurt. Sorry, I didn't realise.

8. Vicki

Vicki Member

Not at all, Andy. I blame you entirely. Where's the spade?

9. Andy W

Andy W Member

I think you'll find the purists use a shovel ... but my route was where the bridges (3 of them, Jon, Three!) were closed (I'm quite sure that most of us would have survived).

The route we actually took was a collective decision, lead by Jon I thought (I didn't know we were heading for Keswick until we were almost there)

Very fortunate with the weather though ... rather that weekend than this!

10. Vicki

Vicki Member

Agreed, Andy.
    We did take the collective decision not to go over 3 closed bridges and take the long route instead.
    I miss talking round a camp fire in the evenings.